Who Can Foster?
There is no such thing as a typical foster carer and each application will be assessed individually.
We welcome Foster Care applications from all backgrounds, regardless or marital or employment status, home ownership status or whether you are already a parent. Applications are considered from any race, religion, language, culture, gender, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
It is important that Foster Carers:
- Enjoy the company of children and young people
- Can offer a child or young person preferably their own bedroom but definitely their own bed
- Are available to attend all relevant training courses to enhance their Foster Care education and development
- Do not have a police record for violent or sexual offences
- Are available to meet with all the people involved in the child or young person’s life