Regional Emergency Social Work Service
What does the Regional Emergency Social Work Service (RESWS) offer?
The aim of the RESWS is to provide an emergency social work service outside normal office hours, which responds to a wide range of people in crisis and which cannot be left until the next working day.
People in crisis include:
- Children & young people
- Older people
- People with mental health problems
- People with learning disabilities
- People with physical disabilities
- Families & carers of all of these groups
The service is available outside normal office hours including weekend and public holidays. These are:
- 5pm to 9am Monday to Thursday and 5pm on Friday to 9am on Monday.
- There is 24 hour cover over public holidays.
Phone: 028 9504 9999
What situations are treated as an emergency?
There are a number of situations in which the RESWS will become involved or work with other agencies to ensure the safety of an individual or community. Examples of emergency situations are where:
- there are immediate significant protections and welfare concerns in relation to children and young people and vulnerable adults
- urgent advice and / or support is required by families or carers
- older people at risk
- there is consideration that compulsory admission to hospital under the Mental Health Order (NI) 1986 is required.